• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

In a Somerset Garden (1 Viewer)

Please stop.... Although I did have House Martin a few weeks ago, it really isn't right racing on like this when some people have postage stamp sized gardens with almost no birds in them...

(!!)

Hahahahahahahahaha!.. sorry Danthe', still waiting for swift... snipe... goldcrest.... whitethroat....turtle dove... etc...etc... they're all here.. just need to find them!

New Mammal... OK it wasn't actualy on my patch... but the field over the road.... but I saw it from the garden....

8. Brown hare

...And there's foxes nesting in the copse behind the cottage... wee fox cubs are gamboling in the field!

Please stop.... Although I did have House Martin a few weeks ago, it really isn't right racing on like this when some people have postage stamp sized gardens with almost no birds in them... (!!)

I agree, to a certain degree. My garden is fairly large, by modern standards but I don't get a lot of the birds Quercus has seen. Nor the mammals either.

It is still nice to read what you have seen though, Quercus.:t:

Nope!... Danthe' has jinxed me!

I find that garden watching dies a death in late spring, and doesn't really revive until August when a bit of post breeding dispersal and early autumn migration can start to bring rewards. One thing I would recommend keeping an ear open for at the moment (I know I am) is Crossbills flying over calling; there seem to be a few on the move at the moment.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back