• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wood Warbler sites (1 Viewer)

It's for my good friend Gary Prescott aka the Biking Birder who is currently visiting all the RSPB reserves in Cumbria as part of his round Britain cycle in an attempt to see 300 'green' species in a year. So in answer the the question anywhere close(ish) to an RSPB reserve.

If he is visiting Haweswater he may stand a decent chance at Naddle Wood at the Dam End, as you enter the reserve sounds like a great thing to do hope the weather holds for him.

Cheers

If he is visiting Haweswater he may stand a decent chance at Naddle Wood at the Dam End, as you enter the reserve sounds like a great thing to do hope the weather holds for him.

Cheers

Thanks to everyone who answered Phil's request for information. Haweswater is the next RSPB reserve i'll be visiting so here's hoping. I can't believe i'm struggling for wood warbler. The Midland sites I knew from years ago don't have the species these days. thanks again.

Right next question . .

Ring ouzles anyone?

Pleas message on here or text me at 07988754090 or email at [email protected]

Facebook --- Biking Birder 2015 or Gary Prescott

ATB

Try Riggindale again at Haweswater for Ring Ouzles, if you go at the weekend the wardens will be at the viewpoint, alternatively they are based at Naddle Farm so they should be able to let you know what areas have been productive this year.

Best of luck

Try Riggindale again at Haweswater for Ring Ouzles, if you go at the weekend the wardens will be at the viewpoint, alternatively they are based at Naddle Farm so they should be able to let you know what areas have been productive this year.

Best of luck

Thanks for that. :t: I hope to be meeting the wardens there and will email them to say i am on my way. 3 target birds there; golden eagle (poor thing), wood warbler and ring ouzel.
I remember it too me hours to see the lone male goldie last time. Fabulous location though with golden-ringed dragonflies to see whilst waiting.

Are there any reliable sites for Wood Warbler in Cumbria at this time of year?

Cheers Phil

Phil,

There are Wood Warblers in the Oak Woods in the SW corner of Derwentwater. Follow the path west along the southern edge of the lake then head north along the west side of the lake where you will enter Oak Woodland. I had 3 singing there at noon about 3 weeks ago.

Best wishes, Gareth

Phil,

There are Wood Warblers in the Oak Woods in the SW corner of Derwentwater. Follow the path west along the southern edge of the lake then head north along the west side of the lake where you will enter Oak Woodland. I had 3 singing there at noon about 3 weeks ago.

Best wishes, Gareth

Thanks Gareth. :t:

Thanks Gareth. :t:
If you are passing through South Lakes between Grasmere and Rydal is White Moss Common, there are always Wood Warbler there. In the area by the bridge over the river you will easily get Redstart, Pied and Spotted Flycatcher, Garden Warbler and Wood Warbler. Marsh Tit too

Phil,

Best wishes, Gareth

well here goes! I spent last evening and this morning at Powter How Wood but no luck concenring wood warblers. I'm now off to this site hoping for better luck. Thanks for the gen Gareth ATB :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back