• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 300D (1 Viewer)

jeff

For anyone thinking of buying a Canon 300D

**** £100 Cash Back from Canon on the EOS 300D ****
From the 1st November 2004 till the 31st January 2005, customers purchasing the Canon EOS 300D camera can claim £100 cash back directly from Canon which makes this stunning camera even better value for money. Click here to download the claim form from Canon

**** Free 256Mb Compact Flash Card ****
Register with the Canon iMage Gateway (before 31st December) when you get your EOS 300D and Canon will send you a free 256Mb Compact Flash Card. Click here to register

as Warehouse Express are doing the 300D for £579 it looks better value than the 10D---being a complete novice on them can anyone present a quick comparative assesment of which one is best--looking at the 100-400 Canon to go with it
Graham Catley

£579 less the £100 cashback and free 256 card offered by Canon looks very good value

Haven't handled either, but the 300 has the advantage of EF-S lens compatibility which could be useful in future.

Disadvantages would seem to be mainly smaller buffer with only 4-shot (I think) burst mode, restrictions on the meter-pattern options with some shooting modes, etc.,(users will be able to say how restrictive this is) and I've seen reference to the fact that the shutter isn't as robust as 10D - this is only talk on another forum so may not be 100% reliable: you know the kind of thing, someone's 'heard' that the 10D is tested up to 100,000 shots whereas the 300D is only tested to 20,000 or something!

If nothing else, at these prices it would make an excellent second body to a 20D or whatever! This would also mean less lens-changing (with the risk of introducing dust) if you only use a couple of lenses.

I've got my heart set on a 20D but if the 300D comes down any more, then I'll be sorely tempted!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back