• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow Browned Warbler Maybe ??? (1 Viewer)

JimMorris

Could this be a Yellow Browned Warbler ? or am I just hoping. It was taken near the start of the meadow trail at Titchwell reserve Norfolk, last Monday evening on it's own. No other birds were around at the time. Sorry it's not a very good photo as the light was fading fast.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, that's the only photo I got, it didn't hang around. I saw on bird guides that one was seen near that spot and thought my luck might be in. Never mind, I did manage to get a couple of Snow Buntings, Curlew Sandpiper, Brent Geese and a Ross's Gull all lifers for me so it ain't all doom and gloom.

Thanks for your help all.
HAPPY BIRDING

Sorry? Did you say Ross's GULL, or did you mean Goose? If Gull tell me more, if goose at Titchwell then it is likely to be the feral/escape bird presents for a long time (was it with Graylag or Pink-feet?)

Sorry? Did you say Ross's GULL, or did you mean Goose? If Gull tell me more, if goose at Titchwell then it is likely to be the feral/escape bird presents for a long time (was it with Graylag or Pink-feet?)

Yes! I did say Ross's Gull but as Dan says it should have been Goose. It was pointed out to me by a guy. It was in amongst a flock of geese on the left as you come away from the visitor centre. Sorry if I got you all excited but I am a lousy birder
Jim

You can get that Ross's Goose off your list.
It's feral (as apposed to all the other Ross's Geese that have turned up in Norfolk over the past years, which are obviously wild) ;-)

Yeah sadly it has been knocking around at Titch since at least Aug, and thus isn't wild. I imagine it occasionaly gets caught up with the Pinks passing overhead and is therefore seen roosting at Holkham from time to time.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back