• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Golden Eagle takes lamb (1 Viewer)

Trained Golden Eagles will certainly attack and bring down adult Roe Deer and I've seen one kill an adult Fox very easily. Not sure if this behaviour would be common in the wild though.

I hate to say it, but I am starting to get tiny wee bit concerned about sea eagles also.

Don't worry. If you wear a Snow Leopards scrotum tied to your left arm White-tailed Eagles will be scared of you and run away.

I read somewhere that they take species such as goshawk, buzzard, short-eared owl and raven.

And a Goshawk will kill Buzzard, Short-eared Owl, Long-eared Owl, Tawny Owl, Raven, Carrion Crow................ In fact a Goshawk will kill anything that it either considers food or a threat ( up to a certain size, of course )

I saw a photo somewhere of a sea eagle cutting a buzzards head open.

Who let that Eagle play with a knife. You know who you are. Stand up and be a man :C :C :C

Chris ( and before anyone says ANYTHING just think of what has been said first :t: )

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back