• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (2 Viewers)

Thank you all!
The temperature is slowly rising , the sun is shining after months,and I couldn`t miss the chance to visit the Nymphenurg park in Munich ,to check out after months if the Tawny owls still roosting there. I found only the one and managed to get few sketches , one looking through the scope, and an other one , just to show you what I see without the aid of optics. Failed attempt also included...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Tawny-owl-March.jpg
    Tawny-owl-March.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Tawny-owl-gesamt.jpg
    Tawny-owl-gesamt.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Tawny-owl-details.jpg
    Tawny-owl-details.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 71
Marvelous work on the owl, as with all your subjects! Wonderful comparison sketches between the scope and non-scope views.

Thank you, thank you, I`m glad that you like them!
Attached , my latest "doodles" from a brief visit to our local "Ostpark", close to my home in Munich...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Mallards.jpg
    Mallards.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 124
  • Mallards-doodles.jpg
    Mallards-doodles.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Greylag-goose.jpg
    Greylag-goose.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 106
Not really a "fieldsketch", but a study based on video footage in Munich zoo. The female snowleopard stretching..When time and weather condiitions doesn`t allow, I prefer to study from videos, trying to understand anatomy and movement..

Paschalis

Attachments

• Snow-leopard--stretching.jpg
    Snow-leopard--stretching.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 125
Not really a "fieldsketch", but a study based on video footage in Munich zoo. The female snowleopard stretching..When time and weather condiitions doesn`t allow, I prefer to study from videos, trying to understand anatomy and movement..

Paschalis

And understand you do...wonderful drawing.

All a great pleasure to see. I think I particularly appreciate the duck doodles because they're a familiar subject to me. Nice to see your fluid pen capture them so nicely.

Alan , Arthur, Ken , Paul Thank you!
Attached , an other pose , this time of the male snowleopard...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Snow-leopard-cleaning.jpg
    Snow-leopard-cleaning.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 146
Beautiful, as always! For those of you who haven't seen it, you should check out Paschalis on youtube, where he is painting a Tawny Owl in the field. Outstanding stuff!

After a long, long winter, the temperatures start to rise now , and I didn`t want to miss the chance to go outside and enjoy the sun...Attached , a mallard drake study from our local park and a dead red squirrel as well an eagle owl and a Carp fish from a recent trip to Northern Germany..

Paschalis

Attachments

• Mallard-male-Ostpark.jpg
    Mallard-male-Ostpark.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Carp-fish.jpg
    Carp-fish.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Eagle-owl-Riesa.jpg
    Eagle-owl-Riesa.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Red-squirel-dead.jpg
    Red-squirel-dead.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 111
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back