• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Posted a Panama bird in the Bird ID request forum (1 Viewer)

gvca1

Looking through my photos and found this one, which has me stumped. Come to think of it, it kinda looks like Capito's avatar.

What do you think, Guido? We saw this bird when we were with Beni, coming down the trail at the San Francisco Forest Reserve. We came across an ant swarm, so there was a lot going on, and I didn't get an ID on this guy...

Spunky12, did you get this bird?

Jim D.

p.s. Sorry if it's bad form to point to the Bird ID forum from here.

Attachments

• ID_Day8.jpg
    ID_Day8.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 101
Nice Black-headed Tody-Flycatcher. Note the white throat, dark eye, and yellowish back. Although not such a rare bird, usually tough to see because they are so small and like to hang out high in the canopy.

I had Black-headed TF in the SF reserve when I visited in 2007, but did not get a photo. And I agree this one looks just like one.

Cheers
Niels

Edit: what other good birds did you have at the reserve?

Edit: what other good birds did you have at the reserve?

I saw a red-billed scythebill, but didn't get the camera on it. Also a Black-throated Trogon, and pale-bellied hermit stand out in my memory. Got a couple so-so photos of the pale-bellied hermit. We got a look at a Golden Collared Mannakin, but I didn't get the lens on him that day.

Thanks! Tonight I'll post a Pale-bellied hermit photo to the gallery-- Not that good for field marks, but we don't have a photo on Opus for that guy, either.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back