• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Accommodation in Panama (1 Viewer)

Tailorbird2

Hello.

I am looking for inexpensive but not clean accomodation in Panama (El Valle, Santa Fe, Cerro Azul).

Kind regards.

Tailorbird2

A bit puzzled that you're looking for 'not clean' accommodation! Anyway, I stayed at this place in El Valle in April:
http://www.elvallepotosi.com/#!about_us/c1ztv
It's reasonably priced and very pleasant. You can arrange guiding through the owners if you're interested. They're also happy to taxi you around the area for a few dollars (and they'll do at 6am if you need it).

I'm not sure how easy it is to stay cheaply in Cerro Azul at the moment. The place I stayed at was good but not really cheap and it's closed now.

Looks a lot like the same place I stayed. I remember it as (then) clean but unless you took one of the better rooms, with a little bit of a claustrophobic feeling to some of the rooms. If I recall correctly, a nice roof terrace available to the guests.

Niels

The rooms were a little small; we were on the second floor with immediate access to the terrace you mention. Situated as it was, in the center of activity, I don't remember any disruptive noise during the night hours. Without a rental car, convenience to the town's amenities was important to us. For $20 we hired a taxi to take us to Cerro Gaital but walked everywhere else. Some of the nearby residential areas were nicely landscaped and enjoyable to walk through.
Not a place to stay if birding on the immediate grounds was desired. A side lot had some open grass and a few trees and shrubs but mostly city birds were seen. I tried leaving some crumbs on the railing but no birds seem to find them.

Steve

Attachments

• Motel veranda.jpg
    Motel veranda.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 69
  • View from motel.jpg
    View from motel.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 78
Any news on accom at Cerro Azul now that the Ginger Houise is closed (I'm told)?

It's obviously a bit of an advantage to stay on site here..

cheers, alan

Any news on accom at Cerro Azul now that the Ginger Houise is closed (I'm told)?

It's obviously a bit of an advantage to stay on site here..

cheers, alan

There is this place:
http://www.birdersview.com/accomodations.html
I get the impression it isn't operating at the moment though. I tried to contact them when I was looking for accommodation but the form on the website didn't seem to work.

There's this vegan place, which is a bit pricy but maybe not too bad (similar to Ginger House):
http://www.onelovepanama.com/#!cerro-azul/ckw3

One website I don't see mentioned very often in this forum that is our first choice for lodging when we travel is Airbnb.com. There are several places listed for Cerro Azul.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back