• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Connecticut (1 Viewer)

Wingwatcher

Hi, Over here, in Connecticut, the shorebird migration is coming to an end. Some of the species I saw during the move were: a fairly rare Marbled Godwit, Whimbrel, Red Knots, Piping Plovers(endangered), Forster's Tern, Roseate Tern, Least Tern(another endangered species), Northern Harriers, Ospreys raising young,and many varieties of peeps. At our bird feeders at home in Barkhamsted we were getting plenty Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Purple Finches, Northern Orioles(Baltimores), Carolina Wrens. As of the last two days, the Grosbeaks and Hummers have stopped. Keeping Hummer feeders up till end of October unless it freezes beforehand. Have had October stragglers this late before. I keep a daily sightings list on my website if anyone is interested. www.wingwatchers.com.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back