• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cordilleran Flycatcher? Zion National Park, Utah (1 Viewer)

Katemail13

Southeastern Utah, USA
Hi, all.

Saw this *noisy* little cutie while hiking Taylor Creek in Zion NP 2 days ago. I think it's a Cordilleran flycatcher, but want a second opinion. What else might it be?

Thanks, and sorry for the poor picture...had to zoom WAY in to get it.

Attachments

• IMG_9307a Cordilleran Flycatcher maybe.jpg
    IMG_9307a Cordilleran Flycatcher maybe.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 34
I think it is going to be impossible to identify from this photo, but maybe someone will see something in it I do not.

Cordilleran Flycatcher appears to have a preference for shaded coniferous woods, that’s a plus, also range, apart from Willow, I can’t see any other alternatives, bearing in mind that any other out of range breeders that might pass through, probably wouldn’t be moving yet. End-pointing eye-ring with slight crest is also a good feature, pp (from what you can see) doesn’t appear too long...you might be in with a chance?

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back