• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

C-5060 ?? (1 Viewer)

c-5060+zeiss diascope t*fl 85 20x-60x

Hi,

I am the one Jay mentioned using this compo. In my setup there is no vignetting between 11,5mm-full zoom. And the adapter in the asetup
photo http://pygge.spymac.net/spymac/ is made by my friend, it is solid and heavy iron, my own design. A few more photos are here: http://pygge.spymac.net/best1/ . Now I have put also 4 untouched digicameravideoscoping clips here: http://pygge.spymac.net/cutmov/
They are only about 15s, but as video always big files 10mb-14mb and
I can't be sure how spymac is handling this kind of video flows, better
download I think.

ekhohe

t.Henry Ekholm
Finland

adjustments and Adapter for 5060

Hi users of the 5060 for digiscoping

I have recently made and inteligent adapter (I think) using the CLA 7 and a part similar to the ekhohe adapter. Adventages you can adap the camera to the scope like you put a wide angle o a teleconverter in the CLA 7 you dont need screws (A friend has made a fhoto of my adapter and I am going to put in my galery in this web)
Other think I m interest is kwon the ajusments that you used with your cameras because all the recommendations are for the 4500 and I think are not the best solution for our camera by exemple I think my camera focus better in AF Than MF infinity I think the better medition is ESP, and the P position or is better the M? (I dont kwon because I have no experience enought) ISO? White Balance? Is interesting the rafaga or one by one shot Is usefull the histogram? I like the fhotos made by ekhohe I Wonder if She could tell us something about the adjustments in his fhotograps

5060 adjustments

Hi Paco,

firstly I am He not She. First shoots I mostly take with these adjustments:
Zoom 11,5mm; ISO=80; A-mode F:3,2, AF mode spot; Focus macro; Exposure centerweight; ev -0,3; White balance auto, Sharpness -1; Contrast +1, Saturation +2, Scene mode landscape; Fulltime AF off; Histogram direct; AF illuminator off and Remote on.
The camera tends to target to the background and then you have to use manual focus, ESP exposure can't I in my opion handle handle light background dark bird situations.

ekhohe
t.Henry Ekholm

Thank you very very much ekhohe

And Sorry for the confusion I m going to test your adjustments and see the results. I imagine my fhotos improve a lot.

Hi everybody.

Thanks you very much for all the people who give informations to me.

I'd like to say that the Olympus C-5060 is fonctioning very well with my Zeiss diascope 30 ww and that it doesn't vignet at all !! Yes of course it does a at 27mm but juste a LITTLE and with pressing the minimun in the zoon in it vignet no more !

With the zoom it a little complicate to make an adaptation but the Raynox RT-5248. Ti has to move (the APN has to touch the eyepiece in any position), but it works !

Now I have another problem. It is with the using of a remote control. The one that is give with the C-5060 is just wrong it works with a time delay of 2s more than with pressing the shutter.

The RM-CB1 cable release is compatible with the 5060 but it need to use (and to buy) a very big B-HLD20 !?!

see more at :

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/c5050/c5060-hld.html

There is a thing that I'd like to try. I will be to connect the RM-CB1 directly to my camera in the wire pins receptacles below the batery chamber hinge. There are five a i'd like to know if tis operation is possible in term of electronic and wich one's need to be connect.

Wish you have understand.

Valère

ekhohe adjustments

Fistly of all give thanks to ekhohe for his recomendations I have testing his adjustment this holydays and I think my photos has improve a lot. One think I dont understant is the 11.5 zoom because the mimimun I see in my camera is 28 mm and the maximun 110 mm. My camera with my scope (Optholyt HD 80 20-60X eyepiece) and my adaptor made using the cla-7 vignet until 80 mm so the a-mode maximun I have tested is f 4.0 and not f 3.2 but I am happy with the results. (I think the zeiss eyepiece are more suitable and is the reason of the small vignet).

By other hand I have investigating like Valere the posibility of the remote control but without results because the olympus service has anwered me that is imposible use the RM-CB1 (designed for the olympus E-10) wihout the B-HLD20 (so I have decided by the momment used a manual) but I have very interested in a electronic remote control so if somebody kwons a solution I ll be very gratefull for his advise.

Paco

Hi Paco if you look in front of your objektive you see 5,7mm-22,8mm which is your camera's zoom range. 27mm-100mm is called 35mm camera equivalent. So 11,5mm is about 55mm in 35mm camera equivalent.

ekhohe

Paco, I did with the RM-CB1 and it works !

It needs few patience and work. The wire pins receptacles that you have to connect are tree of the five, from right to the left if you look below the batery chamber hinge with the lens of the camera not in front of you.

I took the remote original cable off and I have connected it with jack male cable. To the camera I've made the connection with a part of plastic and with tree staples, all this to a jack femal cable. So I can use now an extension jack cable as long as I want.

If you need help or photo of the dispositif contact me at : [email protected]

V.

Thanks to ekhohe and Valère CLAVERIE

Valere sorry but I thik you are going to be patient with me like ekhohe because I haven,t understood your solution. If you dont mind I am going to put in contact with you for asking your explanation with photos to see the process and the componets of your solution. (I dont understand to much of electronic)

Greetings

Paco

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back