• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PRIME HD is available for pre-order (1 Viewer)

....................... The only nitpick from looking at the pictures is the ZR logo on the tripod socket .....................

I suspect the flash on the first photo was somewhat overpowering, whereas the ZR logo is much more subdued in the flesh. The lighting on picture 2 appears to be much better and shows the Zen-Ray name as having a metal appearance vs picture 1 where it looks white.

I checked th ZR lettering on my Zen-Ray ED2 and it is a brushed aluminum and looks fine. The cap on the ED2 should be more noticable than the Prime because it is a double hinge with the cap right out at the end by the objective lenes.

I hope the color of the body is closer to what is shown in picture rather than the color in picture 1.

Last edited:
I can't disagree with you more Bill. Every pint of Guinness that I've had on your side of the pond has been dreadful B :). The bins otoh sound like a good choice :t:

Rich

While i wont disagree with your assessment of the quality of Guinness over here, i will say it varies a LOT and there is the occasionally a tolerable pint. The 4 years i lived in the UK all i ever heard was how much better the pint was on the Emerald isle. If i had gone there and it was true, i might have never returned. One thing I can confirm is that the Budweiser tastes just as nasty over here as over there....

Just as a little side note Steve and I should have our hands on the new Prime HDs tomorrow.

I am sure comments will follow shortly thereafter.

;)

Just as a little side note Steve and I should have our hands on the new Prime HDs tomorrow.

;)

Frank

been a while since i been on here i will be looking to see what you and steve have to comment on the primes,i always like reading both of your reviews and i need another good pair of bins seeing how my ED3's are no longer with me

Ted

;)

I'm 250 miles from ZR. Frank is about 3,000. With my luck Frank will get his first :eek!:. However depenmding on what time the postal truck left Portland, there is an outside chance I'll see it today.

I'll ramp up courage to open the box when I get it instead of just sitting and staring at it ;).

I'll ramp up courage to open the box when I get it instead of just sitting and staring at it ;).

Steve ... You can start out with a review of the box!

It is great to know they are in route. I am looking forward to reading the initial impressions from you and Frank. You both write great reviews.

Frank mentioned in the Vanguard vs Zen-Ray post that a 10x and a 8x are being shipped. Who is getting what or are you both getting one of each?

This should be a fun weekend ..... especially for you and Frank! :t:

Steve is getting the 10x and I am getting the 8x's. Steve was gracious enough to allow me the 8s since he knows of my lack of ambition towards 10x glass in general.

My bet is that Steve gets his first. ;)

All this talk of the possibility of Primes in hand, maybe today!..... has me feeling the vapors... I'm not sure its safe for me to work too hard today. I might have to just rest and .... Wait.*

Ohhhh....feeling faint again.

Bill

I'm 250 miles from ZR. Frank is about 3,000. With my luck Frank will get his first :eek!:. However depenmding on what time the postal truck left Portland, there is an outside chance I'll see it today.

Sweet, i have high hopes for the Prime! Guessing the Zen drawing winners will have to wait till July? :-( Bryce...

Well? Is it Christmas yet Steve?

An old friend who lived in Burns for years always complained about the post there. The packages sent buy his mother from Portland to him always arrived a day or two after packages mailed at the same time showed up at his brothers ......in Vermont.

Nothing today....Well, i guess I'll have some Bourbon to dull the pain.

Bill

Frank and Steve, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts of the Prime HD. Hopefully the other preorders will be shipping soon!

From what Charles posted I am sure there are a number of initial pre-orders shipping out in the next few days. He didn't mentioned how many of the pre-orders would be filled now and how many would have to wait until July. I am expecting it to be worth the wait. After all, July is only a month away now. ;)

I wish Charles would have sent the tracking numbers. Not knowing if it is going to show up today or tomorrow is killing me. In the past I typically received Zen Ray products two days after ordering them. Gonna have to let the Mrs. know to text me if a package arrives with the mailman. ;)

I wish Charles would have sent the tracking numbers. Not knowing if it is going to show up today or tomorrow is killing me. In the past I typically received Zen Ray products two days after ordering them. Gonna have to let the Mrs. know to text me if a package arrives with the mailman. ;)

If they do arrive I think you should knock off early. If anyone asks just tell them you're running a fever. No one needs to know it's a "binofever.";)

Mark,

Nice!

I would be tempted except for one thing. Today is actually my last official day for the year. I have off for the summer starting Monday (barring some "summer days"). I am outta work at 2 pm. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back