• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ann Chaplin (1 Viewer)

Nightranger

Senior Moment
Ann Chaplin : Obituary

Published in the Lancashire Evening Post on 26 April 2013

CHAPLIN In hospital on 14th April 2013 ANN aged 67 years. At peace Funeral service at Preston Crematorium on Monday 29th April at 11.15am. Family flowers only please; donations preferred to Central Lancashire Age Concern c/o the funeral director. Inquiries to Neal Buckley, Penwortham Funeral Service, 6 Liverpool Road, Penwortham. Tel: 744700

Sadly, this is a bit late, as Ann's friends have not been kept informed as requested and I only found this last night (Sunday). I do not have any more details than this but I hope a few people can make it although I have to admit it is hit or miss for me and I am only over in Bury.

Ann Chaplin : Obituary

Published in the Lancashire Evening Post on 26 April 2013

CHAPLIN In hospital on 14th April 2013 ANN aged 67 years. At peace Funeral service at Preston Crematorium on Monday 29th April at 11.15am. Family flowers only please; donations preferred to Central Lancashire Age Concern c/o the funeral director. Inquiries to Neal Buckley, Penwortham Funeral Service, 6 Liverpool Road, Penwortham. Tel: 744700

Sadly, this is a bit late, as Ann's friends have not been kept informed as requested and I only found this last night (Sunday). I do not have any more details than this but I hope a few people can make it although I have to admit it is hit or miss for me and I am only over in Bury.

Thank you for this. I've been looking but couldn't find it. So sad I'm going to miss it. Even to send a card.

Just a quick update to say that Loch Garten decided against naming the chicks in honour of Ann due to the huge precedent this would set. A disappointing but not unexpected response yet, as Mark Wilkie's tribute on the Sad News thread points out, Ann was about far more than ospreys and her greater contribution to conservation was in southeast Asia. Mark is trying to work out an arrangement in (or from) Taiwan and I am pursuing some ideas here in the UK. However and without wanting to go into too much personal detail, Ann died intestate and her estate went to two estranged nephews, neither being interested in conservation as far as I am aware. This effectively means any tribute here in the UK, I would have to pay for and being out of work on reduced JSA, I really do not have any spare funds for the time being. I am not going to ask for contribututions because the logic Ann would have applied is that you should put those contributions towards your own favourite conservation project although I am open to ideas.

Just a quick update to say that Loch Garten decided against naming the chicks in honour of Ann due to the huge precedent this would set. A disappointing but not unexpected response yet, as Mark Wilkie's tribute on the Sad News thread points out, Ann was about far more than ospreys and her greater contribution to conservation was in southeast Asia. Mark is trying to work out an arrangement in (or from) Taiwan and I am pursuing some ideas here in the UK. However and without wanting to go into too much personal detail, Ann died intestate and her estate went to two estranged nephews, neither being interested in conservation as far as I am aware. This effectively means any tribute here in the UK, I would have to pay for and being out of work on reduced JSA, I really do not have any spare funds for the time being. I am not going to ask for contribututions because the logic Ann would have applied is that you should put those contributions towards your own favourite conservation project although I am open to ideas.

Yes I agree that naming a chick after a person as it would set a big precedent and you can imagine how it might cause problems in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back