• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to see best birds in the area while on holiday? (1 Viewer)

dawny

Hi I'm on hols near Barry and wanted to know where is good for bird watching and what I might see .Also do you get kittiwake fulmar etc anywhere on the coast and are there pied flycatchers or redstart in Glamorgan anymore?
Thanks

Hi. Sorry if this is a bit late.

Near Barry Cosmeston lakes and porthkerry are both good. Although there’s no standout species at this time of year

A bit further but portobello house near ogmore on sea of kenfig in Bridgend are great

Fulmars. Nash point lighthouse is good.
Kittiwake Mumbles pier has a colony. As does rhosilli. Rhosilli better for other birds though

You’ll see both of them elsewhere along the coasts obviously.

Might be just over the Powys county line but I’ve had both flycatcher species and redstart just off the A470 just north of Merthyr this year. There’s probably a bunch of other places but here on the coast they tend to get passage birds

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back