• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pied wags in the continent (1 Viewer)

cameron2

Hi,
I just looked over my photos from Feb in Normandy and I found a pied wag.

What is status of pied wags in France at this time. As In the UK white wags are more of a spring bird?
Thanks

From atlas-ornitho.fr

I do not think the Nomandy records are complete but it quotes

The Pied Wagtail is a very rare breeder in France, mainly in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais.
In winter, it dominates in Normandy, Brittany and the Atlantic coast, while becoming increasingly rare in the southern department of Charente-Maritime. It penetrates only occasionally in Picardy, is unusual in the Centre region, rare in Paris, in the Jura, Champagne-Ardenne and is very rare in the South: Aude, Var.

The breeding population is very marginal and only a few breeding pairs per year in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region, only regularly involved in cases of nesting.

http://www.atlas-ornitho.fr//index.php?m_id=1415&y=2011&speciesFilter=&frmSpecies=473&frmDisplay=Display

I have only seen one here in the Pyrenees Atlantique in 8 years

Steve

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back