• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minolta? or ... (1 Viewer)

a2z

Good day all -
-- Has anyone used any of the Minolta X series cameras in conjunction with spotting scopes, monoculars, or similar?
-- It strikes me that this series of camera might be a decent replacement for the well-liked Nikon's with the 28mm fronts.
-- These have from 2mp (the X20) up to the newest X50 (5mp) with the 3x zoom lenses. The circle of coverage seems to be a small problem as the diameter of the front / taking lens is so small.
-- Would love to see any samples taken with this kind of setup or using a similar small-lensed camera.
-- If anyone has somewhere to point me to samples, I'd appreciate it.
-- I have taken some of my own ( all handheld and cam/scope not 'connected' ) but need to see what others are doing too.
-- If any interest I'll post the web address for some feedback on mine.
-- Thanks.

I have used a X20 with my cheap Acuter scope and got some interesting results, the big problem is getting it in the right place by the eyepiece on the scope, very hit and miss, my best with that combo is this one attached, I have done nothing to the picture except to shrink it for posting.

Mick

Attachments

• fulmar.JPG
    fulmar.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 203
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back