• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone use a Kowa TSN-VA2 adapter? (1 Viewer)

BigRott

Hello,

Kowa says the TSN-VA2 digiscoping adapter is designed with 100mm (10cm) of eye relief specifically for digicams with big zoom (up to 12x). Does anyone have any first hand experience with this adapter and a big zoom camera? Any info would be appreciated.

Later,

BR

Tsn-va1,2

BigRott said:
Hello,

Kowa says the TSN-VA2 digiscoping adapter is designed with 100mm (10cm) of eye relief specifically for digicams with big zoom (up to 12x). Does anyone have any first hand experience with this adapter and a big zoom camera? Any info would be appreciated.

Later,

BR

BR, I share your question. I have a TSN4 and a Canon S2 which I have managed to connect using a Raynox DCR250 macro lense. It works fine but I can only manage to get 40x optical zoom (1500mm appprox). From what Kowa say it should be posible to get 144x with my camera and a TSN-VA2, although I suspect this is beyond the scopes ability to produce clear images at that level but 80x would be good. Its a lot of money to spend without trying first.

Jon :h?:

BigRott said:

Although I have not used the TSN-VA2 I have used the TSN-VA1 which does not have as much eye-relief as the 2. I posted about this in the following BF thread:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=24267

Dalcio

dacol said:
Although I have not used the TSN-VA2 I have used the TSN-VA1 which does not have as much eye-relief as the 2. I posted about this in the following BF thread:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=24267

Dalcio
Thanks Dalcio, it looks like it will do the job nicely with my Canon S2. There is quite a difference in cost between the TSN-VA1 & VA2 do you have any idea why. Perhaps the VA2 is a HD version. I know it has a different magnification but having so much on the camera (12x) I would proberbly not benefit from the top end due to lower light etc.

Thanks

Jon.

jrazor said:
... There is quite a difference in cost between the TSN-VA1 & VA2 do you have any idea why...

I have no idea why it is so expensive, Here in the US, BH Photo has it for
US$ 440. I didn't know about this new eyepiece till I saw this thread in BF.

Dalcio

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back