• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help please. (1 Viewer)

stevo

Hi all.

I`ve recently brought an eos 1dmk2n & have been looking at 300mm prime lenses.Can anybody tell me if the sigma 300mm apo hsm macro lens will work on the aforementioned body?

Cheers.

Steve.B :)

Don't see any reason why not. :t:

Should work with TC's too and if it doesn't then something is faulty.

I think the HSM macro is the f4 which might well not work with that camera as it is an older lens and would have needed rechipping. You would be fine with recent versions of he 300 f2.8 prime.

Ah well spotted Pete. Yes I was working on an f2.8 assumption.

A friend of mine has used the f4 with a 40D and it worked even with a 1.4x and I don't think he needed to get his sent off to be re-chipped. I suppose there's only one real way of knowing though and that's to try it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back