• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problems at Leica? / Leica APO 62 / Lens coatings. (1 Viewer)

WCA

Hi,

I've just spent the best part of this week thus far deciding upon which 60mm scope to go for. In the end it was a no-brainer for me as I already have a Leica APO 77 and most of the eyepieces, so I decided upon the 62mm angled APO.

I had looked thorugh someone elses APO 62 and was blown away by the image quality and light weight of the scope.

However, actually purchasing one was a different matter. I placed an order with Warehouse Express only to be told that the item had been discontinued, whilst other retailers had none in stock, some stating that neither had Leica themselves.

Eventually, I found a retailer and have just purchased one. My impression from this is that they may become like gold dust in the near future, so if anyone is thinking of purchasing one, perhaps its a case of the sooner the better?

Are Leica experiencing financial problems? I've heard rumours that they are, and why has the Leica 62mm been discontinued, if it indeed has?

Oh... and does anyone know if the lens coating issue has been resolved on the latest models?

Regards,

Bill.

See other posts regarding a new Leica spotting scope. Yep, I agree with all that you say about how good the 62 APO is and that they are a rare optic to get hold of at present. Perhaps something new may replace the discontinued range. Anyway you got one and I hope you really enjoy using it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back