Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hotel do Ype

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Friday 27th June 2014, 14:58   #1
paul5000paul

Hotel do Ype

I wonder if anyone has experience of booking this hotel in Itatiaia with credit cards on line as I am a little wary of sending my details to complete strangers on a far away continent. They do not seem to have paypal and their bank details make little sense when compared to the info required by my bank to wire the money.

Cheers,

Paul
Old Friday 27th June 2014, 15:35   #2
stuartvine

Why not book via Booking.com - assuming this is the same hotel! http://www.booking.com/hotel/br/pous...d=1#map_opened
Old Tuesday 1st July 2014, 05:37   #3
dacol

Hotel do Ype apparently is not listed in any of the online services. I was there in October of last year, there were two of us and we just showed up and they had a chalet available. However if you happen to be there in a weekend or when a big tour group is there it might not work. My impression was that nobody at the reception office spoke English.
I have been able to wire money to a bank account in Brazil with the following information:
name on the account
bank name
bank agency number
account number
If you have established contact with the hotel via email then sending your credit card information is no more dangerous than handing your card to a waiter in a restaurant to pay your bill. Before doing any transactions inform your credit card company about the intended transaction and the estimated amount and keep track of your account to check what has been charged.
Another option is to use a travel agent that specializes in Brazil (typically they will either have an agreement with some travel agency in Brazil or somebody in their staff that speaks Portuguese). If you were in the USA I would recommend BROL.com . You would ask them to make reservations in the specific hotels that you desire, they will charge a fee on top of the required deposits.
Hope this helps.

BF Supporter 2004 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 1st July 2014, 17:47   #4
Fritz73
BF Supporter 2020

Check their webpage http://www.hoteldoype.com.br/

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 6th July 2014, 12:03   #5
Steve Babbs
Steve Babbs

[quote=paul5000paul;3018514]I wonder if anyone has experience of booking this hotel in Itatiaia with credit cards on line as I am a little wary of sending my details to complete strangers on a far away continent. They do not seem to have paypal and their bank details make little sense when compared to the info required by my bank to wire the money.

Cheers,

Paul[/QU

Hi Paul

Michelle and I just turned up; I'm pretty sure there was plenty of room. Mind you, if I remember right, there were only a few of the (slightly) cheaper rooms.

@SteveBabbs
Old Friday 11th July 2014, 20:27   #6
paul5000paul

Thanks all. Have now sorted it.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: