• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some Basic Tables - Swarovski, Zeiss & Leica Binoculars (1 Viewer)

John A Roberts

Australia
When I first started taking a serious interest in binoculars around 5 years ago and coming to this site, I was befuddled by the amount of information available
And looking at recent posts, it’s clear that some are now in the same position

One of the ways I dealt with the confusion was by making some tables to get a handle on the information
- as some of you will have noticed from previous posts I’m a big fan of tables

My general view is that if a picture’s with a thousand words, then a table’s worth several hundred
- tables are more efficient then the same information in prose form (more information for less words)
- and the visual layout often makes clear relationships that are not explicit in a text
Especially if you are a strong visual learner, a table is a better way to furnish your ‘brain attic’

Of course there are limits
- you can only put so much information on one page before things become confusing
- and you still need notes for more detailed explanation
However, a table gives an efficient entry into a topic

I’ve attached 4 tables that I frequently refer to, especially in relation to discontinued models

I hope these prove helpful to many in better understanding the above

John

Attachments

• Swarovski Binoculars.pdf
    38.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Zeiss Full Size Roof Prism Binoculars.pdf
    36.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Leitz & Leica Full Size Roof Prism Binoculars.pdf
    31.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Leica, Zeiss & Swarovski Laser RF's.pdf
    34.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I used the save option and then opened them.
John, thanks for putting all that into table form. Agree it's very useful!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back