• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Differing images. (1 Viewer)

michael23

Hi everone, i have recently been starting to use my eos 350d on my opticron hr66ed via t mount adapter over my 20x eyepiece. I have to use 2 stops of underexposure to get what appears to be a decently exposed image. On the screen of my camera, they look fine but put them on my pc they are appearing as if they are overexposed.
Here is an example

BOP010.jpg

Have any of you experienced this or anything similar?

What metering option are you using on the camera? Try using spot metering or at most centre weighted if it doesn't have spot and avoid the other ones. Using a camera like a dslr through a scope can be a bit trial and error until you get familiar with what you know works and not necessarily relying on what the camera says will work. Generally what is seen on the camera screen should look ok on the computer. Have you adjusted the screen brightness settings on the camera at all from the factory default settings?

Paul.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back