• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Compact portable speakers for use with ipod/mp3 - try these (1 Viewer)

scodger

Just thought I'd pass this on. I use a video ipod which can store zillions of calls & songs & video , combined with these pocket-sized folding speakers which are great in the field for luring on foreign trips, luring whilst ringing etc. Speakers run on AA's , batteries last for ages and are just so compact. And at this price give them a go. Apparently compatible with most MP3's.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/5388589/iSound-Portable-Stereo-Speakers-For-iPod-MP3/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0&&engine=froogle_electronics&keyword=iSound+Portable+Stereo+Speakers+For+iPod+%2F+MP3&_$ja=tsid:11518%7Ccc:%7Cprd:5388589%7Ccat:iPod+Speakers

Please note: I only recommend these for responsible use in the field if being used for luring

Scodger

i just recently bought one of those "Cygnet GrooveBasball,single rechargable speakers,realllly good sound and £15 from maplins,worth a look

i just recently bought one of those "Cygnet GrooveBasball,single rechargable speakers,realllly good sound and £15 from maplins,worth a look

I agree, they do work quite well. The only thing is that they're not very powerful in certain conditions- e.g. when it's windy, or when you're close to a busy road or rough seas. So I bought another one, and had a custom Y-shaped connector made by the local store (2 mini usb and one minijack) ... it works great, with no decrease in power output.

Please note: I only recommend these for responsible use in the field if being used for luring :t: Seconded!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back