• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

[B]Will this work?[/B] (1 Viewer)

adamo91

Will this work?

i have a Delta 70 spotting scope, which is a rebadged Kenko Profield 70 which takes all opticron lenses. i have a 20-50x eyepiece and, obviously, a tripod.

However, my camera is a Sony Cybershot DSC-S600, and as you can see if you were to see any pictures, it has a tiny lense meaning it sticks out less than 0.5 cm from the body and is only 1.7cm wide in diameter. It is 3x zoom but most of the zoom must occur internally for such a small lense.

The problem is, i don't yet have a adapter and seeing as a universal adapter i.e. one of the ones where the camera sits on a platform asn is not directly attached to the scope is more than i would like to spend. And the others, where the lens couples with the eyepiece using a tube, just look as if, when attached to the lens, would be very flimsy and the camera could break with its weight all on a small connection.

As i have only recently bought the camera and so am not looking to buy a new one, i would like any suggestions to how i could work around these problems so i could digiscope without having to handhold.

I know it has been a long post, but any help would be much appreciated.

P.s. adapters available are "Photo Adapter PF" and Opticron T-mount

adamo91 said:
Will this work?

i have a Delta 70 spotting scope, which is a rebadged Kenko Profield 70 which takes all opticron lenses. i have a 20-50x eyepiece and, obviously, a tripod.

However, my camera is a Sony Cybershot DSC-S600, and as you can see if you were to see any pictures, it has a tiny lense meaning it sticks out less than 0.5 cm from the body and is only 1.7cm wide in diameter. It is 3x zoom but most of the zoom must occur internally for such a small lense.

The problem is, i don't yet have a adapter and seeing as a universal adapter i.e. one of the ones where the camera sits on a platform asn is not directly attached to the scope is more than i would like to spend. And the others, where the lens couples with the eyepiece using a tube, just look as if, when attached to the lens, would be very flimsy and the camera could break with its weight all on a small connection.

As i have only recently bought the camera and so am not looking to buy a new one, i would like any suggestions to how i could work around these problems so i could digiscope without having to handhold.

I know it has been a long post, but any help would be much appreciated.

P.s. adapters available are "Photo Adapter PF" and Opticron T-mount

Personally I am not in favour of direct connections between camera and scope, so I built my own bracket which enables me to slide the camera up to the eyepiece, it will also swing to the side. This type of bracket should work with the camera you have. I would say that the internal zoom would be ideal.
I hope this helps. Ernie

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back