• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ed's thread (7 Viewers)

Ed, this has a beautiful raw energy flowing through it. it's like flames dancing across the canvas and the Harrier is perfect I wouldn't change a thing.

woooow! SUPERB! I don't see any problem either with how the bird is painted - they never are the same roughness as the background anyway - they command all the attention. If it were mine I may be tempted to chop a little of the bottom away to leave a more landscape piece, but wow, this has worked soooo well!

can't add anything more than the comments above, simply brilliant, I don't see any way you can improve on it, to my eyes that harrier is already stunningly perfect!

Oh my goodness- only away for a long weekend and there's a whole page worth of fresh meat swinging from the hooks in the busy little sub-forum. Well done everyone- I will try and catch up.

As ever, my annual birding outing degenerated into a bit of bird race and promises of lots of contemplative on-the-spot sketching go out of the window - but here's some offerings from the times I did sit still (the eagle is an Imperial - the blackish chin and forehead is one of my all time favourite things in birddom)

coloured pencil all these, so the one discipline I have maintained is no rubbing out or correcting

Attachments

• 550 egasgagscan0001 copy.jpg
    550 egasgagscan0001 copy.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 550 wallcscan0001 copy.jpg
    550 wallcscan0001 copy.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 49
  • 550 hobby scan0001 copy.jpg
    550 hobby scan0001 copy.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 57
yay, you're back!!!!:eek!: Eagles are magnificent sketches that fully do justice to those wonderful birds and the Hobby is wonderful, in its own right a work of art already! The Wallcreeper sketches are absolutely brill however, especially the one in flight:t:

superb - amazing, the imperial in all its imperial majesty, and the tank with turrets reminds me how much I missed them this winter. The hobby has that 'snug' look to a tee.

Y'know Ed - there's not much I envy in this wee life, but I would just love to have one single hour looking through your eyes and using this magnificent (kack) hand. These drawings are incomparable - 'period' (as our Am Cuzzins might say) .

Y'know Ed - there's not much I envy in this wee life, but I would just love to have one single hour looking through your eyes and using this magnificent (kack) hand. These drawings are incomparable - 'period' (as our Am Cuzzins might say) .

Love it when your thread pops to the top Ed, always of real interest. These drawings are just great.
Wallcreeper was bad enough on nick's thread, have never seen one and now the wounds reopened.
The Imperial sketches are bang on, full of menace, though its the Hobby thats left me gawping. What a colour sketch that is...straight into a frame please..

Hello all- no paint on canvas this weekend but having a bit of a digi-animation-play with the adored Imperial Eagle head pattern. Not many pixels to play with, but it is surprising how little you need for the eye and brain to do the rest. Colours stripped down from 32 to 16 to get within avatar size constraints- there may be other ways of doing the squeeze that preserve more detail, but I haven't got to grips with that side of things yet.

Attachments

• aa256-60.gif
    aa256-60.gif
    39.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Those eagle sketches are amazingly powerful, and the others simply ooze life and authenticity. Gorgeous work Ed.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back