• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Field fare! Cumbria (1 Viewer)

Bebop

Flock of about 10 fieldfare in back garden today. Stripping small holly tree of berries and taking advantage of pea4s l put out for Blackbirds

I've never seen a Field fare before, but had one, just one, visit my Northampton garden yesterday, returning today for several visits. Unfortunately all my holly and pyracantha berries have gone now. I've put half an apple and some raisins out if they will do, but have no experience of feeding these birds.

Funnily enough, I had a Redwing and a Fieldfare in my garden for the first time today. I'd mashed up some wholemeal bread, dried mealworms and a few pears that were just going over. I have regularly had up to 15 Blackbirds visit but the RW and FF were very welcome additions.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back