• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Live stream & videos of VG Swallows & BC Chickadees nesting and adventures (1 Viewer)

rarkin55

I've been using small video nest cams inside my backyard birdhouses in Eugene, OR, for the last 4 years, monitoring the nesting behavior of Black Capped Chickadees and Violet Green Swallows (and sometimes other birds including starlings and scrub jays). Checkout the links below to my live 24/7 USTREAM channel to follow their progress this season, and also checkout the link to recorded videos of past and current activity inside and out of the two birdhouses:

LIVE 24/7 USTREAM LINK SHOWING NESTING ACTIVIES OF TWO BIRDHOUSES:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ray-s-swallow-birdhouse-webcam

LINK TO RECORDED VIDEOS OF NESTING ACTIVIES: (can be viewed and/or downloaded)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/igcfuf5suws6khi/AABEE-tLBNblsOl2TDWnPsmya?dl=0

The recorded videos include some amazing events like a spider attack, bee getting removed, removal of dead hatch-lings, female swallow attacking and evicting another female, young being fed and cleaned up and more (see link to dropbox below). I will keep adding any interesting events to the folder.

So far this season several Violet Green Swallows and a Black Capped Chickadee have begun to check out and go inside my two birdhouses, but haven't started building nests yet as of 4-11-18. They are currently trying to choose and compete for the birdhouses, and it will be interesting to see who ends up building nests. Something already new: a female swallow attacking another female swallow inside the office birdhouse, forcing her out of it.

The USTREAM channel shows a screen split into 4 quadrants for each of the 4 cameras (showing the inside/outside of each different birdhouse). When viewing the live USTREAM channel, be sure to also check out the "About" text for a chronology of current and prior activity, equipment used, and do please click to Follow the channel and add any comments. Feel free to share these links with anyone else who may be interested.

Enjoy!

--Ray
Eugene, OR

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back