Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Leica 10x42 geovid HD-B 3000

Old Tuesday 25th June 2019, 22:11   #1
nwphil

Leica 10x42 geovid HD-B 3000

They still are of outstanding quality and among the very best rf binoculars available, but is it worth to sacrifice a bit of quality to have an extra feature?

from reviews I read, Noctivids are consider superior, but ofcourse, don't range :)
OTOH, it can/might be useful to have an RF on hand sometimes, even if is not for huting/shooting purposes.
So, does anyone has one being used mostly for viewing purposes?
Would like to hear your experience with them, if you havor ever used this model.
Thanks
Phillip
Old Tuesday 9th July 2019, 19:04   #2
nwphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwphil View Post
They still are of outstanding quality and among the very best rf binoculars available, but is it worth to sacrifice a bit of quality to have an extra feature?

from reviews I read, Noctivids are consider superior, but ofcourse, don't range :)
OTOH, it can/might be useful to have an RF on hand sometimes, even if is not for hunting/shooting purposes.
So, does anyone has one being used mostly for viewing purposes?
Would like to hear your experience with them, if you ever used this model.
Thanks
Phillip
well, no takers, which is not a surprise after all, as these are RF, meaning a specialized bino, not so much geared for birder,
Anyway, as RF they will, indeed perform pretty good - for instance, have no problems taking reading around 2,300 yards on pine trees.
But as far as binocular, I was quite disappointed. Clarity, color a,d blur (background separation) is (slightly under) par with a Zeiss Victory HT 10x42, but the copy I have was showing a small amount of purple fringing. Was only able to compare them to a previous model - the 2400's, and this last one did not show any chromatic aberrations on dark edges. I can only conclude that either I had a defective/flawed copy, or this leica rf model (bt3000) is not as a binocular nor at same level as swarovsky or zeiss - based on my experience with ultravids, I think the first explanation is the most likely.
So this concludes my questioning...
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: