• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica home made adapter (1 Viewer)

barontan2418

United Kingdom
Homemade Adapter for Leica 20-60 Zoom

For anybody starting digiscoping whose first love, like me, is bird watching this cheap and easy adapter for the leica 20 – 60 zoom seems a good first step. All that is required is the black plastic cover from a Tamron Abteil lens adapter and a 28mm 37mm step-up ring ( many old hands at 35mm photography like myself might well have a couple for the aforementioned tamron lens adapters tucked away in their camera bag, if not then any good second hand camera shop ) . The tamron adapter requires a hole slightly larger than 28mm cutting in it and the step-up ring bonding into place. This produces an adapter that fits tightly enough but allows for quick removal when required. For anybody reading this that has experience using a good bonding agent (I used run of the mill super glue) I would appreciate a good product name.

Mick Baron

barontan2418 said:
. For anybody reading this that has experience using a good bonding agent (I used run of the mill super glue) I would appreciate a good product name.

Mick Baron

Try Araldite rapid. I used this on my adaptor and nothing will shift it.

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back