• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wildlife Documentary (1 Viewer)

davidbridges

Wildlife Photographer
im only 15 with a budget camera im making a short documentary featuring different birds and animals here is a clip of the greater spotted woodpecker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Rr51LWaM4 please give me feedback if i got anything wrong ect ect and it doesnt have any narration because i hate my voice and im sure you will aswell. Thanks for your time Dave

im only 15 with a budget camera im making a short documentary featuring different birds and animals here is a clip of the greater spotted woodpecker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Rr51LWaM4 please give me feedback if i got anything wrong ect ect and it doesnt have any narration because i hate my voice and im sure you will aswell. Thanks for your time Dave

etc etc ;0)

Try it with commentary, if not your voice then someone elses (friend/parent?), as the words (for me) get in the way a little esp. when you have a long sentence, but still very nice :t:

Bump!!

hi

well done! that was interesting and i liked how you could hear birdsong and not silly music like most documentries nowadays.

Next time try to use several different viewpoints instead of the same tree.

Also what equipment did you use and how did you do it. i would be interested in having ago myself.
cheers
steve

ive got a panasonic nv something, i used a tripod and pointed at the nest, i was with my pet dogs so i walked away for about 10 minutes i came back and reviewed the footage. I might try editing my voice just to change it a bit, it might sound a bit stupid but its better than having subtitles. Oh and change it from greater to great, its just that i thought that it was lesser and greater as it would kind of make sense but o well. Thanks anyway !!!! Dave

I thought it was quite good for your first time. I'm in the market for a digital video cam and frankly it's all a bit overwhelming ;)

Well I don't think I could put anything like that together myself. I liked it actually. The only changes I'd make were the ones already mentioned. If I lived near you I'd lend you my voice as I used to do public speaking about animals for a living. I think it's worth mentioning again; I like the fact that we can hear the sounds of the British forest rather than music. I think this really adds to the quality. Well done!

ive just come back from the nest with new angles, i am getting my stepdad to do the narration i just need to get what he is going to say prepared. Thanks for all your feedback !!! Dave

ive got a problem, my stepdad cant do narration as we have no micraphone ... also the soundcard input for the mic is not working, does anybody have any suggestions, or does anybody want to narrate ? thanks Dave

Ive posted a new video !! but there is no narration and no words... i hope you still enjoy it and its got some new angles ect ect and has the sound of english woodland in the backround. Thanks everyone !! Dave

ive got a problem, my stepdad cant do narration as we have no micraphone ... also the soundcard input for the mic is not working, does anybody have any suggestions, or does anybody want to narrate ? thanks Dave

Send me some text and I will see if my stuff still works and will give it a try.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back