• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Ultravid HD Warranty Update (1 Viewer)

This sounds incorrect to me. My HD Warranty card that arrived in the mail states lifetime warranty. I checked the B&H listing for HD Ultravids and it lists the warranty as follows

"3-Year Leica No-Fault "Passport" Warranty
Limited Lifetime Warranty"

I suggest you call Leica and get the card replaced with the correct lifetime warranty.

If you dont have lifetime warranty - out of warranty service will cost $300 for the typical overhaul to bring them to original specifications.

I have to ask Leica - Could they make their warranty any more unclear?

Last edited:
FYI, I contacted Leica and they said the wrong warranty card was included in my package. The warranty is "Lifetime as far as parts and structural integrity". They are sending me a new warranty card.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back