• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Forum time (2 Viewers)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Apparently it seems to be me, but the Forum time is showing winter time on my screen.

I seemed to have a few problems with the clock on my computer yesterday (whether it was me getting confused or not I'm not sure), but at one time I had both my laptop and the forum time the same, and correct.

Then later on it went out of sync again.

However, when I shut down before going to bed, both were in sync.

Not so this morning. My laptop started at the correct time.

I've checked in my Control Panel, and everything is set correctly there.

Just had a brainwave and looked on another computer and that time on the forum is also incorrect (I'm not logged in on that one).

Hmmmm.... could it be the router then? If so what do I do?

Shows perfect summer time here in Lithuania. Mind you, nice summery weather here, maybe rubbish weather in Scotland just now and the forum is sympathizing with you? :)

Even nice here in Russia, snow is melting fast and, I didn't know the forum displayed the time, do you mean after a post?

Even weirder.

I took my tablet down to the computer shop and logged into BF on their wifi. The same issue there, BF shows winter time. He logged into BF on his own laptop and still the same issue.

I'm now completely lost!

I've checked (again) my time zone settings and changed the time zone from GMT0 to GMT+1 Paris etc.

When I rechecked my laptop timings, it was showing as time zone for Reykavjik would you believe. So again, I've re-set that to Paris (UTC+1).

Laptop time and forum time now in sync.

Will see what happens tomorrow, and with my reminder programme!

Time here in Dundee is also showing as an hour behind actual time (17:33 on BF) - though it isn't a big deal to me as I never look at it.

Hiya Barry, well thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one it's happening to.

Something really weird is going on, though, as when I went into Control Panel, I adjusted the time zone to GMT+1, but that put the BF clock to an hour ahead of our time. Putting it back to GMT 0 I was back to an hour behind time.

I don't like it when things don't work correctly.

Britain confused about alignment to continental Europe and even Iceland, that's unusual :)

Just to confirm though, I wasn't joking about the clock here - it is showing summrr time, correct time zone.

You always manage to lighten my mood Jos LOL.

No, I can believe your timing is OK.

There's something far wrong here though, as the programme I use to remind me of things seems very confused. Even though my laptop is showing the correct time, that programme is popping up an hour early, and then doesn't seem to know what the time is when I ask it to 'snooze' for an hour. It doesn't come back.

Can you check the clock settings in your Control Panel Andy, and make sure it's on your zone.

Well.... I was waiting to see what happened next.

Last night around 10pm my computer clock jumped forward an hour!, so it was showing 11pm instead of 10. BF then changed back an hour, so there was a 3 hour time difference between them.

Eventually, I reset my computer clock and changed the time zone (again!); this time finding one that said Dublin.... London.

Miraculously Computer and BF are in sync (and still in sync). Keeping my fingers crossed that it remains so!

However, booted up my tablet, and although the clock on it is correct, BF time isn't, an hour slow. I'm not logged in on BF on that device (it's new and I don't like Explorer) - I'll have to eventually though.

Can you check the clock settings in your Control Panel Andy, and make sure it's on your zone.

Well.... I was waiting to see what happened next.

Last night around 10pm my computer clock jumped forward an hour!, so it was showing 11pm instead of 10. BF then changed back an hour, so there was a 3 hour time difference between them.

Eventually, I reset my computer clock and changed the time zone (again!); this time finding one that said Dublin.... London.

Miraculously Computer and BF are in sync (and still in sync). Keeping my fingers crossed that it remains so!

However, booted up my tablet, and although the clock on it is correct, BF time isn't, an hour slow. I'm not logged in on BF on that device (it's new and I don't like Explorer) - I'll have to eventually though.

Check the time zone setting on your tablet as well

Thanks Niels.

The tablet is set to Dublin, Edinburgh, London, so correct for my location.

Birdforum still shows an hour slow on that device.

My laptop has been correct for the week, so whatever was upsetting it is sorted now. Even an update Thursday night doesn't appear to have upset things this time .... speakers not muted, Num Lock on, ALT C and Cap C working, mouse not in double-click mode.

Content for now LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back