Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birding around Missoual

Old Thursday 18th September 2008, 13:51   #1
jc122463

Birding around Missoula, Montana

Well, there doesn't seem to be much traffic in the Montana section but....

I'm planning on heading out to Missoula over the next two weeks (late Sept.) and am wondering if anyone has advice on good places to go and birds to keep an eye out for.

I've been having a look at http://www.montanabirdingtrail.org/maps/r1/t1/r1t1.htm, but am wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge of the area. I'll only really have a couple of days but I've never been out that way so should have a chance at a few lifers still.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Benji

Last edited by jc122463 : Thursday 18th September 2008 at 18:05.
Old Thursday 12th February 2009, 02:21   #2
Dan3006
Dan

Well this reply is only a couple years too late but oh well. The Lee Metcalf Wildlife Refuge between Florence and Stevensville is the best wildlife refuge I have ever been to. Late September is a little late though. Many of the summer birds will already be gone but it still should be pretty neat. BTW that would be about 20 miles south of Missoula.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: