Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

MM3/4 50ED stay on case

Old Saturday 22nd December 2018, 07:30   #1
nutsotoby

MM3/4 50ED stay on case

Having read various comments about how difficult it is to fit the opticron stay on case to the 50ED scopes but wanting a stay on case I decided to brave fitting the case and ordered one for my MM3 50ED from Uttings.

The case arrived yesterday (I bought the green case) and I don't know if they have recently changed the design of the case but it went straight on to the scope with no bother, issues or struggle whatsoever. Phew...….

At the same time I bought an 40831 HDF Eyepiece. I wanted a fixed focal length eyepiece to get a wider field of view but do not need a very high magnification so the 18x of the 40831 is good for me. I have briefly tried the eyepiece and think is an optical improvement over the eyepiece that came bundled with the scope. It also has a twist up eyecup which is a huge improvement over the fold down rubber eyecup of the bundled eyepiece.

Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year to you all.

Cheers
Nutsotoby

Last edited by nutsotoby : Saturday 22nd December 2018 at 08:16.
Old Tuesday 29th January 2019, 17:48   #2
Hamhed

I've had the ED50 and green cover for several years now. The cover fits the scope tightly, is well constructed and made of very stiff material. One flaw is that the thick flap that covers the focus wheel will not stay gripped in place, a constant annoyance.
Re the eyepiece, ours is the 40862 zoom. Rotating the twist out eyepiece also moves the zoom control a small bit, a minor fault that you will likely avoid with the fixed length.

Steve

BF Supporter 2014 2015 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: