Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Excellent customer service

Old Monday 22nd January 2018, 12:06   #1
John Fleet
287 and counting!!

Excellent customer service

A few year's ago I bought a second hand ATS65 from another forum member. For various reasons it's not had much use - mostly because I find my little Nikon ED50 so convenient. Anyway a month or so ago I decided to give the Swarovski an airing. But I was dismayed to find that the 20 - 60 zoom lens (the only one which I have) appeared to have a nasty case of fungal infection. So I downloaded the online repairs form and posted the lens off to Swarovski and waited for the bill. A week later I received a card through the post essentially acknowledging receipt of lens. Today a package from UPS was delivered. The lens - returned in immaculate condition, packed in a new bolt case, with a new lens cap together with an invoice for - precisely nothing. The work description mentioned cleaning and some unspecified parts.

Bearing in mind a) that I was not the original owner and had no documentation for the lens and b) that the whole process was handled within less than a month, to say that I'm impressed would be an understatement. Yes, Swarovski gear is a premium price but perhaps that explains how they can afford to provide such exemplary after-sales service.

Last edited by John Fleet : Monday 22nd January 2018 at 14:13.
Old Tuesday 23rd January 2018, 11:58   #2
mooreorless

John that is great! I have had the same kind of service from SONA In North America. I had one of the first 7x30 SL compact "SLC" roof prism binocular, non phase-coated at that time. After using for a long time, I sent it back and they fixed the this 7x30 Roof prism binocular like new. I used it for quite some time after and traded it at Lost Creek Shoe Shop for the 8x30 SLC phase-coated, still have it. Regards, Steve

The picture that place is out of business.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mack Optical & Machine Tool scan (Large)  addto.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	652128  

Last edited by mooreorless : Tuesday 23rd January 2018 at 12:33.
Old Tuesday 23rd January 2018, 18:23   #3
litebeam

Swarovski may be the best all-around company in the world, and it's why I own their fine optics.

Swaro = simply the best.
Old Tuesday 23rd January 2018, 19:02   #4
elkcub
BF Supporter 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fleet View Post
A few year's ago I bought a second hand ATS65 from another forum member. For various reasons it's not had much use - mostly because I find my little Nikon ED50 so convenient. Anyway a month or so ago I decided to give the Swarovski an airing. But I was dismayed to find that the 20 - 60 zoom lens (the only one which I have) appeared to have a nasty case of fungal infection. So I downloaded the online repairs form and posted the lens off to Swarovski and waited for the bill. A week later I received a card through the post essentially acknowledging receipt of lens. Today a package from UPS was delivered. The lens - returned in immaculate condition, packed in a new bolt case, with a new lens cap together with an invoice for - precisely nothing. The work description mentioned cleaning and some unspecified parts.

Bearing in mind a) that I was not the original owner and had no documentation for the lens and b) that the whole process was handled within less than a month, to say that I'm impressed would be an understatement. Yes, Swarovski gear is a premium price but perhaps that explains how they can afford to provide such exemplary after-sales service.
Yes, exactly so. The initial Mk II 8x30 SLC that I bought in 1993 was repaired and upgraded three times (at no cost) to a Mk IV with SWAROBRIGHT.

That's why all my personal binoculars are Swaros, including the magnificent 8x40 SLC-HD.

Ed

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 25th January 2018, 02:40   #5
elkcub
BF Supporter 2019

Oops. 8x42 SLC-HD.

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 9th February 2019, 12:56   #6
Barryb

Hi John

I have had a similar problem develop in my 20x60 eyepiece. Looked like ice/ snow crystals inside the lens. Dropped it off with infocus last week. I hope I am as happy with the Swarovski service as you guys in a few Weeks!

Barry
Old Monday 11th March 2019, 22:06   #7
Pianoman666

Hi, I recently purchased a ATS 65mm HD Scope with both the 20-60x and the 25-50x eyepieces, but on close inspection the 20-50x has what looks like a small light spot or air bubble inside the lenses, both eyepieces are mint condition and all the surfaces are spotless. I contacted Swarovski today and they asked me to post to them for examination. Has everyone had a similar experience with their Swarovski eyepiece.

Thanks you
Old Monday 11th March 2019, 22:09   #8
Pianoman666

Hi, sorry, I forgot to ask, when sending items to Swarovski, do you put them in their original boxes.

Thanks Patrick Mc
Old Tuesday 12th March 2019, 19:12   #9
rockfowl
Mark Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman666 View Post
Hi, sorry, I forgot to ask, when sending items to Swarovski, do you put them in their original boxes.

Thanks Patrick Mc
No, not necessary.
Old Wednesday 13th March 2019, 21:21   #10
Pianoman666

Thank you Mark.
Old Thursday 14th March 2019, 21:40   #11
Pileatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman666 View Post

Thanks Patrick Mc
In the USA Swarovski wants only the binocular (no strap, or ocular covers). I wrapped mine in a few layers of bubble wrap, added some packing material then boxed it up and sent it off.
Old Friday 15th March 2019, 09:14   #12
Pianoman666

Thank you, I’ve dispatched mine and hopefully they can sort it out.

Regards
Patrick
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: