• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3rd Week of August (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

Have a few days spare in the 3rd week of August - maximum of 7 days but probably 5 - can any one recommend any places to visit - not including Holland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Greece, France, Iceland, Turkey.

Ireland and sea watching - but I do not have a scope and probably will not buy one by then?

Any recommendations ?

THanks

Bulgaria? Base yourself on the coast and there should be a very good chance of big numbers of White Storks and Pelicans moving along with the early raptor migrants.

HTH

Chris

Have a few days spare in the 3rd week of August - maximum of 7 days but probably 5 - can any one recommend any places to visit - not including Holland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Greece, France, Iceland, Turkey.

Ireland and sea watching - but I do not have a scope and probably will not buy one by then?

Any recommendations ?

THanks

Much of what I see here really would benefit enormously from you having a scope. The same would be true for going to Falsterbo (SW Sweden) for migration.

Without a scope I am thinking more in the direction of forest birding - difficult to get to an interesting place and back in this time line. Especially when you do not want to consider the Pyrenees etc.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back