• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

602 Zoom enquiry (1 Viewer)

harry eales

Ancient Entomologist
Can anyone enlighten me as to the differences between the Fuji Finepix S602 Zoom and the S602 Pro Zoom. Externally they look identical. The reason for my query is that I have seen accessories advertised for the 'Pro' version but no information as to whether these parts will fit the standard version.

The Fuji website isn't of any assistance.

Cheers,

Harry

S602 differences

Hi Harry,

Both camera's are basically the same, Fuji made a couple of improvements on the pro model:

1. Adding a PC sync socket for connection to studio and external flash systems.

2. A shutter release with threaded cable release socket.

Other than that it's the exact same camera, with no changes to the basic S602 Zoom spec, the menu system, controls etc are all the same. The pro tag just added the two above improvements and was bundled with 4 x AA's, a fast charger and a 340mb IBM microdrive to give it the 'Pro' tag

As for memory etc the S602 Pro remained the same i.e. smartmedia and compact flash, it was on later models that smartmedia was dropped in favour of XD memory cards.

With regards to accessories, anything available for the Pro will also fit the S602 Zoom version, see the following link to the Fuji site for further information:

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/technical/spares/index.php?id=240

In fact all the accessories will work accross the board on all of the Fuji models from the S602 Zoom, S602 Pro, S20 Pro and the latter S7000.

Hope this helps?

Regards

Mark

Hello Mark,

Most obliged for the technical insite, thanks.

Cameras are a little like cars then? make a small change to a standard model and then change the name to GT or GTI. lol.

Harry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back