• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fujifilm F200EXR (1 Viewer)

Jason Bugay Reyes

Malaysia
Hio all,

Has anyone tested this camera for digiscoping ?

Any comments ? I'm thinking of buying this camera and my old Fujifilm F31D would be a backup camera ;)

Thanks !

I haven't had the chance to see a working display yet, but the Japanese early-adopter user reviews seem positive about its low light performance with ISO800 shots pretty clean. Actually been so pleased with the Canon SX1 super zoom recently purchased that I lost "motivation" to get to a shop and seriously evaluate the Fuji for digiscoping.

Rick

It looks like it has the same lens as the F100 which I have (28 - 140 ). Not easy to digiscope with and it needs a lot of Eye Relief. I have had some success with the Scoperonix Maxview 40 and the Kowa 25x LER eyepieces. The F100 is an excellent carry- around camera and takes very good images. The exposure is so good that when I run them through Auto Levels in CS2 it needs no adjustment. This is the only camera I have that will achieve this. Neil.

I really wanted to like the 200EXR but from my hands on testing, the Dynamic Range mode works best while the Low Light/High ISO is not as good as Ricoh CX1's image stacking approach while still maintaining full resolution. If I were looking for new ALL AROUND pocket digicam, I think the CX1 would be it. The screen is brilliant and photos look really nice. Nice lens with fast, smooth zooming. Great menus and easy to use.

Unfortunately, both have lens that are not good for digiscoping so I am hoping the Panasonic FX150 I just ordered will be a nice companion for the Kowa. I have been wanting to try a Panasonic Leica lens for some time and this looks like a good deal at $210. Buttons are a little small but the camera's feature set is perfect. Downside is I will have to use the goofy Silkypix RAW converter.

cheers,
Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back