• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripods Recommendations for a Jobu Black Widow (1 Viewer)

Hi there,

I plan to buy a Jobu Black Widow Gimbal Mount. Could anyone recommend a tripod mate?

Thanks

I am selling a Jobu on here myself. Tripod wise I found the Fiesol CT-3342 absolutely brilliant for this with no central column in the way thus allowing me to drop then tripod right down to ground level. With it being made of carbon it was also quite light to carry yet very sturdy.

Regards,
Andrew.

I use the Gitzo 3530LS for my Wimberley2 & 600F4, it works very well, better than bigger stuff I have looked at from other manufacturers - but at the price it SHOULD do!
I recently got a Sirui carbon monopod (Gitzo 4 series equivalent) and for the money I am very impressed, they do some 3 and 4 series Systematic tripod equivalents that look very interesting. May be worth a look

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back