• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New EM1MK11 owner (2 Viewers)

nikonmike

Traded my G80 for the Olympus waiting for the battery to charge :smoke:

It was a hard decision between that and the G9 and ime sure whichever way i had gone would have had a downside.

I see we have 5 days of crap weather in my area now.

You won't be disappointed.

I have both, the G9 for about 3 months and have put over 13,000 shots through it, mainly in the dark rain forests of Costa Rica, the EM1v2 for only 3 weeks and about 3,000 shots. I wanted a 2nd body, so got the EM1v2 to try it and return if i didn't like it, but decided to keep it.

From my perspective the EM1v2 is better for BIF using CAF (always assumes I can actually keep the bird in the frame!) and the raw files seem cleaner and more natural than the G9.

I'm coming from a Canon 1DX2 and 500mm f4 so expect a lot, but both can produce good photos given good light, cropping at high iso's is a challenge, but not unexpected really. Again so far I think the EM1v2 is slightly better here, but time will tell.

I need to put more through the EM1v2 to come to a definitive answer but can see each has its advantages, more so if using the same make lens on the camera.

Regards,
Cliff.

You won't be disappointed.

I have both, the G9 for about 3 months and have put over 13,000 shots through it, mainly in the dark rain forests of Costa Rica, the EM1v2 for only 3 weeks and about 3,000 shots. I wanted a 2nd body, so got the EM1v2 to try it and return if i didn't like it, but decided to keep it.

From my perspective the EM1v2 is better for BIF using CAF (always assumes I can actually keep the bird in the frame!) and the raw files seem cleaner and more natural than the G9.

I'm coming from a Canon 1DX2 and 500mm f4 so expect a lot, but both can produce good photos given good light, cropping at high iso's is a challenge, but not unexpected really. Again so far I think the EM1v2 is slightly better here, but time will tell.

I need to put more through the EM1v2 to come to a definitive answer but can see each has its advantages, more so if using the same make lens on the camera.

Regards,
Cliff.

very inserting views, what lenses you are using please.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back