• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two Decent Pictures Through UVHD+ w/iPhone 7 Plus - 2X Lens (1 Viewer)

dwever

Effective Digi-Binning Through UVHD+ w/iPhone 7 Plus - 2X Lens

So, I've had pretty good success just putting my iPhone behind my UVHD+.

What are the optical principles I need to know to continue to get good or better photos? Can the newer higher power second lens of the iPhone 7 Plus be used successfully?

Thanks

Picture one, African penguins, Robbin Island South Africa: 8X42 UVHD + with iPhone 7 Plus cropped - lower power lens taken in to the sun

Picture two, African Fish Eagle, Rwanda: 7X42 UVHD+ with iPhone 6 Plus not cropped

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 9.20.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 9.20.28 PM.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 9.27.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 9.27.07 PM.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 9.33.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 9.33.05 PM.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Can the newer higher power second lens of the iPhone 7 Plus be used successfully?

Would be interesting to try if this works. The higher focal length of that second lens should give a higher magnification of your bin+phone setup. Are your photos uncropped? Then you don't seem to have problems with vignetting, but if you have (e.g. on a scope), the higher focal lenght should reduce the vignetting.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back