• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pelicans around Kerkini Lake, Greece (1 Viewer)

Hi there,

Me and my friend are planning on visiting Kerkini Lake in December and we would like to see some pelicans up close. Does anyone know whether it's possible to go on some sort of a boat trip on the lake? Or maybe even joining a local fisherman?

thanks in advance,

Turtleduck

It is certainly possible Turtleduck, my wife and I did it a couple of years ago. My trip report here if you are interested!

Chris

In 2015 we stayed in Kerkini village and stayed at the Oikopriigitis Hotel and they ran boat trips out to the lake. While there we saw Dalmatian Pelicans fly through the village and fishing at the harbour (with Pygmy and Great Cormorants).

David

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back