• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RRS Cinch-LR binocular tripod adapter (1 Viewer)

I think this misses the target entirely. Presumably the intention is to leave the adapter on the binocular permanently, but I think stability is going to suffer in the optical axis and the transverse horizontal axis.

If you're going to use the binocular on a tripod, why not leave the adapter on the tripod? I have an Arca-Swiss QR plate attached to a Leica Bino adapter. It doesn't take as long to attach the binocular to the adapter via the rubber strap as it does to swap from monopod to tripod. There are also quick-release solutions for those who prefer to use a hinge-mounted adapter.

John

PS:- Correction; I've just tried it and it takes even less time to attach the bin to the Leica adapter than it does to secure a QR plate to the tripod head! RRS is a well-respected company but this is a nonsensical product.

Last edited:
I think this misses the target entirely. Presumably the intention is to leave the adapter on the binocular permanently, but I think stability is going to suffer in the optical axis and the transverse horizontal axis.

If you're going to use the binocular on a tripod, why not leave the adapter on the tripod? I have an Arca-Swiss QR plate attached to a Leica Bino adapter. It doesn't take as long to attach the binocular to the adapter via the rubber strap as it does to swap from monopod to tripod. There are also quick-release solutions for those who prefer to use a hinge-mounted adapter.

John

PS:- Correction; I've just tried it and it takes even less time to attach the bin to the Leica adapter than it does to secure a QR plate to the tripod head! RRS is a well-respected company but this is a nonsensical product.

Maybe nonsensical for your use, but for a hunter or long range shooter, they can remove the bino and stow it in their bino harness WITH the adapter still attached. That leaves the tripod available to accept a rifle being mounted on it. In case you were unaware, RRS has a Sport Optics and Rifle division.

I don’t have one yet, but people who do are saying it is more stable than an Outdoorsman’s mount.

Maybe nonsensical for your use, but for a hunter or long range shooter, they can remove the bino and stow it in their bino harness WITH the adapter still attached. That leaves the tripod available to accept a rifle being mounted on it. In case you were unaware, RRS has a Sport Optics and Rifle division.

I don’t have one yet, but people who do are saying it is more stable than an Outdoorsman’s mount.

It may have escaped your notice, but this is a birding forum and hunting topics are unwelcome.
If you see any applications for this product which are solely hunting related, then they are irrelevant here.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back