• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please PM me Roadrunner sightings (1 Viewer)

JP543

Hello everybody,

Just last month I moved to OK, for my study, for some time (from Europe). Amongst others I am looking to do some survey work and observations of roadrunners here in OK, and maybe even TX and NM as well (not sure if that opportunity will arise yet).

I would very much like to ask you all to message me about any sightings, especially nests you have seen around. I do encourage you to message me and not to post here, because we would not want them to get disturbed - especially the nests of course.

It would be very, very helpful to me - so thanks very, very much in advance!
JP

I don't know how to pm you but I have a mated pair of roadrunners living in my yard and one of them started following me around last year when I was gardening. It discovered that I threw out the grub worms. lol. Now, this year I see them again and one of them comes very close to me (within 10 ft. sometimes) and I talk to it while it digs for food. I live in Burleson, Texas. I have taken photos of it but don't know how to post them here. They are posted in my facebook account though.

I have taken photos of it but don't know how to post them here.

Pretty easy, once you know how. If you are responding to a thread click the "Go Advanced" button under your response box. Once in the Advanced area scroll down to the red Attach Files and click on Manage Attachments - I think you will get it from there.

Thank ya'll for the info. I PM'd them. I might be late for their study though but, maybe they'll still be in the area. I'm very excited about these roadrunners and the fact that one of them will come so close. They're fascinating to watch. I notice that they also take dust baths in a sandy area under a couple of my trees.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back