• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

March 2019 at Gramborough (1 Viewer)

firstreesjohn

After the dreariest and most uneventful winter imaginable (sometimes - many times - I couldn’t even be bothered to drag myself out for a visit), the first month of Spring began to see more varied activity.

31: 2♂♂ Wheatears.
30: Blackcap ♂, 2 Dunnocks.
28: Dunnock.
27: Dunnock.
26: Dunnock.
25: Dunnock, ♀ Stonechat.
24: Dunnock, 3♂♂ 1♀ Wheatears, ♀ Stonechat. [Other, highly experienced observer: Wren, Chiffchaff.]
23: 2 Dunnocks (1+ singing), 2♂♂ Wheatears, 2♀♀ Reed Buntings [Greenfinch - other observer].
22: 2♂♂ Wheatears.
21: 3 Chiffchaffs (1 singing - a HOOGE vernal fall), ♂ Stonechat.
20: [4 Wheatears - from RBA.]
19: ♀ Stonechat, Red Kite.
18: Grey Wagtail ↑.
17: Robin.
14: 1st Robin of the year.
9: 1st Dunnock of the year.
6: Peregrine, then ↑E.

Attachments

• DSC01311 ed40 Chiffchaff.jpg
    DSC01311 ed40 Chiffchaff.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01341 ed40 Chiffchaff.jpg
    DSC01341 ed40 Chiffchaff.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01529ed40 Dunnock.jpg
    DSC01529ed40 Dunnock.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC02022ed40 Blackcap male.jpg
    DSC02022ed40 Blackcap male.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 23
After the dreariest and most uneventful winter imaginable (sometimes - many times - I couldn’t even be bothered to drag myself out for a visit), the first month of Spring began to see more varied activity.

31: 2♂♂ Wheatears.
30: Blackcap ♂, 2 Dunnocks.
28: Dunnock.
27: Dunnock.
26: Dunnock.
25: Dunnock, ♀ Stonechat.
24: Dunnock, 3♂♂ 1♀ Wheatears, ♀ Stonechat. [Other, highly experienced observer: Wren, Chiffchaff.]
23: 2 Dunnocks (1+ singing), 2♂♂ Wheatears, 2♀♀ Reed Buntings [Greenfinch - other observer].
22: 2♂♂ Wheatears.
21: 3 Chiffchaffs (1 singing - a HOOGE vernal fall), ♂ Stonechat.
20: [4 Wheatears - from RBA.]
19: ♀ Stonechat, Red Kite.
18: Grey Wagtail ↑.
17: Robin.
14: 1st Robin of the year.
9: 1st Dunnock of the year.
6: Peregrine, then ↑E.

The coast has been quiet, but I appreciate your effort!

However, a few miles inland (Letheringsett to Hunworth to Little Bodham to Baconsthorpe to Bodham to Kelling Heath to Glandford) has been awash with singing Chiffchaff for at least a week, far more than I've previously encountered, but of course doubtless many will move on. Blackcaps have steadily increased over the last 5 days, but are still patchy.
MJB

I appreciate your effort!

Thanks.

Someone has to put in the hours, Mike: making that long trek east, over the shingle, dissolving knee cartilage; braving hordes of savage, wild dogs; avoiding being speared by the dangerous vegetation; remembering not to step too close to the cliff overhang; attempting not to be borne out to sea by a rogue wave. These are all the hazards of this perilous location.

Then, becoming inexpressibly despondent when the sole result of my endeavours is a Meadow Pipit.

Thanks.

Someone has to put in the hours, Mike: making that long trek east, over the shingle, dissolving knee cartilage; braving hordes of savage, wild dogs; avoiding being speared by the dangerous vegetation; remembering not to step too close to the cliff overhang; attempting not to be borne out to sea by a rogue wave. These are all the hazards of this perilous location.

Then, becoming inexpressibly despondent when the sole result of my endeavours is a Meadow Pipit.

:t::t::t:
MJB

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back