• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Exciting Sea Eagle news! (1 Viewer)

Hi Pam

Thank you for drawing this article to our attention - love to hear all type of news.

I am pleased to hear this particular good news on the conservationist front. There is so much sadness about, we need some happier events to happen such as this one. :-O

The WTE deserve a lot more than a fleeting glance, as they are such a valuable addition to our heritage in the UK. :-O

I really hope that all goes well and we see more of these beautiful BoP's in the not so distant future. :-O

Last edited:
Hi Pam,
I was lucky to see a pair of these magnificent birds on Mull last year, just days after the chicks had fallen from their nest. The area where they had nested was in an a pine forrest. I'm not familiar with the Norfolk countryside, I know theres plenty of open water but is there anywhere for them to nest should they breed. I'd be interested to know.

I hope the introduction is successful.

Thanks for your replies kathy and Bea!

I envy you having such a sight of them on Mull, Bea! An awesome sight I would imagine. I would say a lot of factors will have to be looked into before any reintroduction, let's hope all goes well!

It would be good if they could get them to live elsewhere in Britian, seeing as there are so few in the wild.
That must have been an awesome sight, to actually see them, Bea.

Now that would be brilliant if this plan did go ahead as planned for two reasons! Firstly for the survival of the Sea Eagles and secondly as I would love to see one of these magnificent birds!! Norfolk has the perfect habitat for these birds to breed and survive, fingers crossed that it comes to fruition!!

Hopefully people could appreciate them for what they are and not kill them for what they might do if reintroduction occurs. It would be a great sight anywhere in the UK and there was a juve in Norfolk a few year ago, it seemed to have a grand tour of Britain.
Chris.

I was listening to a chap from the RSPB talking about it on the radio yesterday Pam, Ah, his discription of this magnificent bird was terrific!
Great news, fingers crossed :t:

Very interesting Pam.

It was mentioned to me last year by one of the guys invloved in the Northern Red Kite Project re-introduction that an off the cuff remark had been mead to him a while ago regarding a possible re-introduction of W T S Es in Northumberland. I am not at all sure how feasible this would be but clearly someone with experience seemed to think it possible. Norfolk has beaten us to it it seems.

Very interesting Pam.

It was mentioned to me last year by one of the guys invloved in the Northern Red Kite Project re-introduction that an off the cuff remark had been mead to him a while ago regarding a possible re-introduction of W T S Es in Northumberland. I am not at all sure how feasible this would be but clearly someone with experience seemed to think it possible. Norfolk has beaten us to it it seems.

Well they do get the best birds there Brian but that is for a different thread!!!;) :-O Perhaps they are anticipating the Sea Eagles becoming established in Norfolk and then moving on to other parts of the Country? If this is the case then their first port of call would be along the East coast so they would be with you before you know it!!

Thanks for the link Pam. I had seen an article re this, but yours was more comprehensive.
I've only ever seen one Sea Eagle and that was in Borneo when one flew down the large harbour of a town, the name of which escapes me, and took a fish some 80-90 yards away from me. A sight I'll never forget. Bring on the English. I'll certainly travel a long way for an English tick.

Baz.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I envy you Bea and Baz having had the pleasure of seeing these magnificient birds! Hopefully more of us will also have that pleasure in the future.

Thanks for the link Pam. I had seen an article re this, but yours was more comprehensive.
I've only ever seen one Sea Eagle and that was in Borneo when one flew down the large harbour of a town, the name of which escapes me, and took a fish some 80-90 yards away from me. A sight I'll never forget. Bring on the English. I'll certainly travel a long way for an English tick.

Baz.

Could that have been a white bellied sea eagle Baz?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back