• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Firefox/Photobucket upload problem (1 Viewer)

Barred Wobbler

I've just changed to Firefox after finally losing patience with the hang-ups and crashes that I so enjoyed with Internet Explorer. Product loyalty only stretches so far.

Everything seemed fine and dandy until last night when I tried to upload a photograph from my computer to a Photobucket account.

I have two accounts on Photobucket, one a couple of years older than the other. They have separate identities and different e-mail addresses and passwords. To all intents and purposes they are enitrely separate, or so I thought.

I tried to upload a photo to the "newer" account last night and it seemed to be working OK until it went to the upload and the message was displayed that the image had been moved or deleted by photobucket. I tried several more times with different images of different sizes with the same result, although some (but not all) duplicate images that I'd already uploaded to that account went OK.

I couldn't work out what was happening and I went to my older account to see if the probelm was occurring there also. I wasn't, but the plot thickened.

All the photos that had been "moved or deleted by photobucket" had mysteriously appeared in the older, supposedly unconnected account. The computer now seems to be confusing the login passwords of the two accounts as well.

It's still going on, but it doesn't happen in reverse - uploads to the old account appear as normal.

Since this has only started happening a day or so after changing over to Firefox I'm adding two and two together and coming to the conclusion that Firefox is to blame.

Has anyone else suffered from this?

I have IE, FF and Google chrome, never experienced anything like this, i have just uploaded an image via firefox to photobucket and it worked completely fine. I wonder if this is a photobucket issue wiith your accounts?

I use FF as my main browser and regularly upload to photobucket with no problem - only have one photobucket a/c though.

It sounds very much to me like this is more likely a PhotoBucket Problem and not a FireFox problem.

I suggest you try contacting PB or post on their forums to see if anyone there has an explanation for the behaviour you're seeing.

I have been using PB and FF for years and have never had, nor heard of this problem before, that's what leads me to think it's more likely something to do with you having two PB accounts. The fact that you've only recently changed over to FF, could well be a coincidence.

It sounds very much to me like this is more likely a PhotoBucket Problem and not a FireFox problem.

I suggest you try contacting PB or post on their forums to see if anyone there has an explanation for the behaviour you're seeing.

I have been using PB and FF for years and have never had, nor heard of this problem before, that's what leads me to think it's more likely something to do with you having two PB accounts. The fact that you've only recently changed over to FF, could well be a coincidence.

It may be coincidence, but it would have to be a big one. I've had one account since 2006 and the other since 2008. The problem started on the very next day after I started using Firefox.

I can still upload photos to photobucket, it's just that they all end up in the same place (the account I use less frequently).

Last w/e I tried to load some pics into PB only to find that the 'upload' bar was missing - I tried again using Chrome and all was well. This has happened before intermittently with FF, so I reckon the problem lies there...

Ok, well if it really is a FF problem, let's try this.

Download and install This version of FF, make sure you install it to your documents rather than the default location as this is only for test purposes.

This is a much older version of FF.

If everything seems to be ok with that version, then you can uninstall it from add remove programmes.

Uninstall your current FF version and try installing an earlier version. You can find various versions of FF HERE. Simply click on the versions you wish to try in the right hand column.

Please let us know the outcome.

I just tried PB with FF again and discovered that Noscript was blocking a site called 'pbsrc.com', I allowed it and it uploaded as normal, so it may be worth a look in there if you have Noscript installed.

Thanks Howard.

I've looked among the Firefox files and it doesn't seem to be there. I avoided the add-ons when I downloaded Firefox because I didn't have a clue what they were or if I'd ever use them.

Not sure if there is a policy at Photobucket regarding more than one acct but if there is, could they not have recognized two accts to the same IP address thus combining your new acct photos into your old acct?

One way of handling the problem is to have two browsers installed, use one for one account and the other for the second. I do that with Ebird: ie for my personal account and FF for the local editor stuff I do. Opera is my main browser ;)

Niels

Not sure if there is a policy at Photobucket regarding more than one acct but if there is, could they not have recognized two accts to the same IP address thus combining your new acct photos into your old acct?

They don't have a problem with more than one account and I've been running the two in parallel for two years. I started doing it at their suggestion after I attempted to change my account name.

They said the name was fixed but if I wanted a new ID all I had to do was open another account.

Never a problem until this week.

Thanks Howard.

I've looked among the Firefox files and it doesn't seem to be there. I avoided the add-ons when I downloaded Firefox because I didn't have a clue what they were or if I'd ever use them.

Just *right click* on the screen somewhere and if you have "Noscript" the option to allow or disallow the setting of scripts by the site you are viewing in that tab will appear, (but it sounds as though you don't have it).

Curiouser and curiouser.

I tried Niels' method and opened Internet Explorer. I then opened the dodgy photobucket account with it and the image I wanted uploaded without trouble.

I then checked the system by closing IE and opening it again in Firefox. The image uploaded again without a problem, unlike the dozens of other times I tried it. I then opened the old account "just in case" and it was working too.

I hate computers.

Thanks for all the replies.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back