• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Point and shoot digicams (1 Viewer)

Nick Smith

Member of the Staffordshire Bird Club
Been digiscoping since 2002, basically point and shooting down my scope. My beloved Coolpix S220 broke earlier this year (lens stayed in) so I replaced it with a Coolpix S3000 thinking it was a straight forward swap. How wrong was I! I think the main problem is that it takes ages to take a photo, so most are blurred. I've resorted to videoing most birds now as I've lost all confidence it in. Birds I could nail with my S220 I'm missing with my new camera. Worse is I can't take basic family shots with it now either. Just not pin sharp and the flash flashes before the photo is taken, so indoor pics are a no-no. Any advice. I've tried all focus settings, all speed settings but still no joy. Videos are great on it tho. If I do give up, any recommendations for another cam?

Nick
Most of the current popular cameras are covered in these threads. I'm enjoying the Nikon P330 and Sony RX 100 and like the Nikon V1/V2 as well. The P330 is very good value for money.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back