• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DiMAGE Z3 (1 Viewer)

Saphire

Christine
Has anyone bought and tried the Z3 yet? I am looking to buy my first Digital SLR type and wondered what people think of the Z3

Christine

I have a Z2 and think it's great. It is not much cop for digiscoping (apparently as I've not tried it for that yet) but otherwise it's a superb little camera.

I've got the Z3 for general photography and really like it. The 12x optical zoom with stabilizer is great. Fantastic super-macro mode too.

It won't hack it for digiscoping. The amount of vignetting means you'd have to crop heavily and there's not enough pixels for that.

Thanks guys I don't always carry my scope around with me, that's why I am looking for a good all-rounder. I recently had a Green woodpecker land about 15ft away scratching in the grass. It didn't seem at all bothered we where there. I took loads of pictures with my Konica on full optical zoom (which is 3x). I was just a little dissapointed I couldn't get a closer shot. I still intend to use the konica for digiscoping, its a great little camera and a larger lense one for all round use, I just can't make my mind up which one to buy.

Saphire (Christine)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back