• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Threaded lens point and shoot cameras (1 Viewer)

murfo

I am in the process of entering the digiscoping birding world. I already have a Vortex Viper (non-HD) scope and tripod. I have their DCA adapter on order. The adapter will work with 30, 37, 43, 52, 55 and 58mm lenses.
I have a Nikon 3200 dslr that I will try out but was interested in also trying a threaded lens Point and Shoot camera. Any recommendations for a sub $400 budget. I was reading a little on the Olympus TG-2 iHS. It's rugged feature appealed to me since I've been known to drop things into shoreline water before! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back